Sunday, January 30, 2011

Starting Over

Well, at least it feels that way. Like I am starting over, career-wise. I know I should be thankful that I have even been offered a JOB in the current economy. And I should be thankful that my new job is not as a Wal-Mart greeter making $8/hour.

I am working in a very nice office building, in a spacious well-lit cubicle, working with very nice people. I am making good money, far above the Wal-Mart greeter salary. So, what's not to like?

I just expected to be at a different level at this point in my career. You know, CEO of Facebook or something. Well, maybe not exactly, but entry level accountant was not part of my future career path. Been there, done that, several times.

I don't need to be "the boss", or even a people manager. I just want to put my experience and skills to good use and I am having just a little difficulty getting used to working several levels below my capability.

I am thankful for the job. I'm just not happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment