Monday, May 3, 2010

Different Approaches

It has long been said that men and women do not understand each other on some basic level. Think "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus". We think differently. We handle emotions differently. Our approach and solution to any particular problem is often very different from each other. Neither one of us is "right" or "wrong", just different.

I face an issue that the women in my life, who I trust, have suggested a certain approach in order to resolve the issue. And the men are suggesting a different way to handle it. When I stopped to think about the situation and the advice presented to me, it was clear to me that the "solutions" being offered were splitting right down the familiar male/female dividing line, like a bright yellow line. Its kind of like the elecronically created "10 yard line" that is shown in football games on TV that shows viewers how far the offensive team has to drive the ball in order to make a first down.

Different strategies from different coaches, one stategy clearly "male", the other strategy clearly "female". It will be interesting to see how this one plays out. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment